11.27.2012

Roads.

Tonight, I went to institute and was uplifted. This was seriously life changing: like really. It changed the way I think about trials and how The Lord works.

We were discussing how sometimes it feels like Heavenly Father doesn't answer our prayers and it can be difficult to follow his unseen path. A man and a young boy were taking a road trip and came to a fork in the road. Not knowing which way to go, the dad asked his son which way they should go. The boy said he felt like they should go to the left, and the dad replied,"I feel like that too."

10 minutes down the road, they come to a dead end and have to travel back. Obviously, their immediate question was "if this was wrong, why did we both feel impressed to go this way?"

When they came to the fork again, they took the other way this time and continued on the road complete with bumpy and windy paths.

However, they knew they were going the right way because the first way they chose wasn't right. Heavenly Father knows what he's doing. If they had picked the right fork the first time, they may have turned back because of the condition of the road and wondering if the left fork would have been the correct choice.

I guess Heavenly Father sometimes takes us down the wrong, harmless road first to help us trust our decision.

Sorry I just butchered that whole story... But I hope you can see the point behind it. Anyways, just a little somethin somethin to think about. Night y'all! 7 am class in the morning!

1 comment: